PHOTOS: Emergency officials say a Colleton County man was killed in a house fire that was started by a kerosene explosion.
Colleton County Fire-Rescue officials said it happened at a home on the 1300 block of Magwood-Bryant Road in Green Pond on Wednesday at 12:15 p.m. Neighbors reported that they heard and saw smoke and flames coming from the home.
A report states that when they arrived at the home they found the occupant on fire in the front yard. According to CCFR officials, they used buckets of water to extinguish the fire on the man.
When fire crews arrived they found the single wide mobile home mostly on fire, and the roof had collapsed. “Other crew members examined the man who suffered severe burns and had no signs of life,” CCFR officials said.