Three dogs die in Ogden house fire

  • Source: KJZZ-TV
  • Published: 08/09/2019 08:42 AM

Three dogs died in a house fire in Ogden early Friday morning. At approximately 5:10 a.m., Ogden Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 2950 South 1400 East. Upon arrival, crews reported smoke and flames coming from the home, according to a press release from Ogden Fire. Ogden Fire stated there were no occupants inside the residence at the time of the fire. Firefighters made entry into the home and quickly extinguished the flames. While the firefighters battled the fire, additional crews performed a primary search and found four dogs inside. Only one of the dogs was safely rescued and the three other animals did not survive the fire. Initial damage is estimated to be around $60,000. According to a statement from Ogden City Fire's deputy chief, the fire was caused by improper use of extension cords.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe