VIDEO: A pregnant woman was transported by Intermountain Life Flight to Dixie Regional Medical Center following a two-vehicle head-on collision on Old Highway 91 Sunday afternoon. Firefighters from the Santa Clara/Ivins Fire Department were alerted to an accident near the Utah-Arizona border at approximately 4 p.m. Fire Chief Randy Hancey said the accident happened close to a dangerous blind curve by mile marker 7.
When first responders arrived, they found a red Subaru station wagon with its front end destroyed stuck in the middle of the roadway and a Chevy four-wheel drive truck pulled off to one side, slammed into some bushes. Because initial reports indicated that a pregnant woman was trapped in the Subaru, first responders rushed to the scene with extrication equipment on standby.
St George News
VIDEO: One woman is on life support after a fire broke out at a trailer park in Ogden Sunday morning.
Crews were dispatched to the Harrisville Trailer Park at 200 North Harrisville Road just after midnight.
The initial report was that one unit was on fire, but when crews arrived, the blaze had spread to two additional units.
Ogden City and Weber Fire Districts managed to get the fire under control, preventing any further spread. They began salvage and overhaul shortly after.
Two occupants were evaluated for smoke inhalation.
Jill Hunter said it was her friends Mary and Mike Parker.
“She woke up to the home engulfed,” Hunter said.
Running from the house, the flames moved to units 16 and 18 next door.
KSTU-TV Fox 13 Now Salt Lake City
VIDEO: Nearly 30 firefighters and seven fire engines responded to a structure fire that displaced an elderly couple and caused extensive damage near 900 South early Friday morning. Residents in the neighborhood awoke to a battery of fire engines and ladder trucks pulling into South 550 East a few minutes before 6 a.m. after a call to 911 reported that a house was on fire.
Crews arrived to find flames coming from the garage area. After cutting through the garage door, firefighters began an aggressive attack to contain the blaze, St. George Fire Battalion Chief Robert Hooper said.
“We had to cut through that door and then just filet it open,” he said, “because a lot of times the fire melts the mechanisms and the door won’t slide open.”
St George News