Ogden family reunites with pets after fire

  • Source: KTVX-TV ABC 4 Good4Utah.com
  • Published: 03/11/2019 09:31 AM

Residents rushed to help out one of their neighbors after his house caught on fire early Monday morning. The fire happened at 4821 Van Buren Avenue. "I woke up and I started driving out of the cul-de-sac here; I noticed in the swamp cooler just a little amount of smoke coming out of there. And I was like, ‘that doesn’t look right,'" says next-door neighbor Eric Wimmer. He says by the time he called 911 the fire spread. "Right away I knocked on the door, rang the doorbell a hundred times making sure nobody was home, apparently they were out." That's when more neighbors started to show up. Wimmer says, "One of the neighbors around the corner came up and said, ‘Hey that house is on fire.’ They could see the flames from the backside of the house, I couldn’t see them on this side.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe