St. George family displaced after fire ignites in kitchen of unoccupied home

  • Source: St George News
  • Published: 03/24/2020 06:41 PM

VIDEO: A host of emergency responders and fire engines were dispatched to a structure fire after neighbors observed smoke coming from a residence off of Mall Drive and called 911. Shortly before 1 p.m., emergency crews were dispatched to the 400 block of North 240 East off of Mall Drive on a structure fire after neighbors called 911 reporting smoke coming from the kitchen area of the home. “The neighbors knocked on the door of the home, and when they didn’t get any answer, they called into emergency dispatch to report it,” St. George Fire Chief Robert Stoker said. The initial engine arrived to find smoke billowing from the roof vents while crews searched through the smoke, which by then filled the residence.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe