Outdoor grill sparks Chesterfield house fire

  • Source: CBS 6 News
  • Published: 10/09/2018 12:00 AM

A fire sparked by an outdoor grill caused "significant" damage to a Chesterfield home Sunday afternoon. Lt. Jason Elmore with Chesterfield Fire and EMS said crews were called to a home in the 10900 block of River Road just after 5:15 p.m. Elmore said the fire was started by an outdoor grill that was too close to the home. Officials said the home suffered "significant damage" in the fire. No one was injured, Elmore said, but a family of four was displaced by the fire. Elmore said the cause of the blaze was ruled accidental.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe