Man displaced after house fire in James City County

  • Source: WTKR Channel 3 News
  • Published: 04/14/2019 09:05 PM

Firefighters responded to a house fire in the 70 block of Winster Fax in the Kingsmill subdivision on Sunday. The call for the incident came in around 4:14 p.m. The homeowner reported a kitchen fire to officials. When units arrived they found heavy fire conditions among the house. The fire was brought under control at 4:49 p.m. There was a lot of fire damage to the first floor and smoke damage to the second floor. The fire was determined to be caused by unattended cooking. There were no injuries reported.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe