Virginia Beach kitchen fire forces three people from their home

  • Source: WVEC-TV ABC 13 Hampton Roads
  • Published: 04/16/2019 10:52 AM

The Virginia Beach Fire Department is reminding everyone to never leave a working stove unattended, after a kitchen fire displaced three people on Tuesday morning. According to fire officials, the fire happened at Tivoli Apartments complex around 11:40 a.m. Arriving firefighters reported seeing smoke coming from a first floor apartment. The fire, which began in the kitchen, was brought under control within 10 minutes. No injuries were reported, except for an apartment maintenance worker who suffered minor smoke inhalation after going door-to-door to neighboring units to make sure everyone was out. A maintenance worker also quickly shut off the natural gas line to the apartment, which firefighters said helped prevent the fire from spreading.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe