House damaged after early morning fire in Danville

  • Source: WSET-TV ABC 13
  • Published: 01/05/2019 10:29 AM

The Danville Fire Department said a house caught fire Saturday morning. Firefighters responded to Girard Street around 7:50 a.m. to find light smoke coming from the front roof area of a small one-story home. Crews entered the home and found a fire in the ceiling around a light. The occupants of the home were quickly removed and firefighters were able to pull the ceiling and extinguish the fire with two water fire extinguishers. The fire was under control at 8:02 a.m. Officials said the home had minor fire and smoke damage in the living room and attic. Fire personnel were on the scene for an hour and a half. The Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire was caused by an electric short.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe