Two injured in Danville house fire

  • Source: Go Dan River
  • Published: 07/07/2019 10:45 PM

Two people were injured in a Sunday evening house fire in the northern part of Danville, the fire department reported. Crews were called to 772 Glendale Ave. at about 5:45 p.m. and found smoke coming from the back of a small one-story home, according to a news release from the Danville Fire Department. A fire was found in the kitchen and brought under control in a matter of minutes. Two occupants were outside when firefighters arrived, and both had been injured. One was treated on scene for smoke inhalation and the other was taken to Sovah Health-Danville after suffering a burn to the arm and smoke inhalation. The Danville Fire Marshal’s Office ruled the cause of the blaze as cooking-related, the release stated. The kitchen suffered moderate fire and water damage and the rest of the home sustained heat and smoke damage.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe