Two displaced by Albemarle County house fire

  • Source: WCAV-TV CBS 19 Charlottesville
  • Published: 11/19/2020 07:53 PM

The Albemarle County Department of Fire Rescue says two people have been displaced by a fire. According to a release, units responded to a residential structure fire on Secretarys Sand Road around 12:05 p.m. Thursday. Firefighters saw flames burning the front side of the house that were spreading to the roof live when they arrived at the home that had been built in the 1870s. The Albemarle County Fire Marshal's Office says the fire was accidental in nature and caused about $250,000 in damage. The residents are getting assistance from family and the American Red Cross. No injuries were reported in connection with this fire. The Albemarle County Department of Fire Rescue reminds residents to properly dispose of warm ashes from a fireplace in a noncombustible container.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe