Accidental fire breaks out at Roanoke mall

  • Source: WFXR-TV Fox 27 Roanoke
  • Published: 01/13/2021 12:00 AM

Roanoke first responders were dispatched to Valley View Mall early Tuesday morning after an accidental fire broke out at Lids. According to Roanoke Fire-EMS, crews responded to the mall at approximately 3:20 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 12, for a fire alarm. When units arrived, they found heavy water flowing and smoke coming from Lids inside Valley View Mall. After personnel investigated, the department says they discovered a fire had started in the bathroom’s vent fan before dropping burning material onto flammable materials that were stored in the bathroom. Even though the sprinkler system was activated before firefighters arrived and extinguished the flames, fire officials say units worked to mitigate the damage from the water as much as possible until they turned the scene over to property maintenance.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe